At 10:28 AM 3/7/2005, John Fruge wrote:
I had a carbon pushrod brass end come off in flight over the weekend. I would like to hear options on putting on the brass ends to the carbon pushrods?

I wash the metal bits thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol both inside (with a pipe cleaner) and outside. Same with the ends of the CF rod. I tend to take a clean needle nose pliers and squish the CF at the very end a bit to make it broom-like. I use an epoxy and make sure it's not only on the inside of the brass tube but also worked into the broomy bit of the CF rod. I smear a bit of epoxy on the outside of brass sleeve extending up say 1/4" and down the CF rod a bit. Let it cure completely and then hit it with a hair drier to make sure it's as hard as it's gonna get. Probably overkill, but it doesn't take that long and I've never had a failure.

Cheers,

Bill