John Derstine wrote:
First, to be fair, comparing a Profi 4000 to a 9303 function to function
is not even close to the same level of radio. If you can get a Multiplex
4000, most of the mid level distributors for Hitec do not have them by
the way, you will pay $1000.00 for a radio that is an incredibly
flexible system.

Or, you can get a used Profi 4000 for about the same price as a new 9303 or Evo. Turnabout is fair play! :)

They pop up fairly regularly here on RCSE, the MPX mailing list, and eBay, and seem to sell for around $500-$800 depending on upgrades and accessories.

However Hitec will only be importing them for a short
while longer, (See their web site) they are special order only if you
can not find one at a dealer. Who is going to support this product when
they are no longer available?

The same person who supports it now...Ernie Pritchard!

In my experience, Ernie is "the Man" when it comes to the Profi 4000. No need to call Hitec, as he has almost everything in hand or can get it direct from Germany within a week or two. His service is superb, amongst the best I have received from anywhere for anything. You truly feel like an "A-List" client when dealing with Ernie!

With respect to the Profi 4000, I've found Hitec's marketing and distribution decisions to be largely irrelevant. The radio's support network was in place before they took over and does not appear to be going away any time soon.

Steve