At 07:49 PM 4/15/2005, you wrote:
If it ain't type accepted then it ain't legal at sanctioned contests.

Mind you, I don't care and I'm not going to complain, but there is someone out there that might, so if I were you, I'd keep the standard long, ugly antenna in my flight box at all times.

Regards, Dave Corven.
Since when have transmitters on 51 Mhz been type accepted or is that different from 53 Mhz.? I have built most of my transmitters on the ham band.

Chuck Anderson