Well...I do I have a story. Kinda hurts to tell ya all..
A few years back I'm thinking the First SVSS Spring Fling... I had one of Pat Bowman's fomies a Cutlass slope ships..
I believe I got the Monster bungee i.e. Big Black thing from Mark Meck when I was at CASL contest earlier in the year..
I had a wild idea to do hi speed bungee launching with little slope planes
I saw lots of folks doin it so I thought I can do this it's fun and way fast!!!
So I set my Cutlass up for Hi speed bungee fun....
I had been practicing at my home field and Wow! it was fast & fun...
So I had a wild idea to show off to all the guys @ SVSS
Well right before the contest I set up my Bungee toys for ALL to see, and see they did!
I hooked up my Cutlass and started walking back till that big old bungee started to drag me forward..
Ready set go..... Well the bungee let go all right! Next thing I know is a funny sound and this Big Black thing coming at me at Mac 6 to fast to duck I stand in awe and I'm hit from top to bottom by the Hi Start Rubber!!!
Let me tell ya all... This is NOT a good thing!
I lay there in PAIN! I was Black, Blue, Green from head to toe it looked like a snake hit me. Oh and yes it hit me in that spot also..
I don't know how long I lay there in pain... but I crawled back to my truck and laid there till I was called to fly in the contest. Let's say it wasn't my best contest....
I don't play with Bungee cords anymore.
Hurting as I type.
AL

Albert E. Wedworth ( AL )