On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 11:35:58AM -0700, Doug Turner wrote:

| You guys are all missing the boat.  This is the ultimate soaring car!
|
| http://www.newsobserver.com/print/saturday/front/story/2161226p-8542613c.html

Uh-huh.  Only made it to two feet or so if I read the article right.
Though it certainly does _look_ cool.

A better one would be something like this --

   http://www.jims-pages.com/foison/flyingcar.html

or this --

   http://www.fordpinto.com/mitzar1.htm

(Though that one ultimately killed Smolinski and the pilot, Harold Blake.)

There have been a few more through the years as well.  They really did
fly and were somewhat practical, though they never really `took off'
(pun intended.)

More on them here --

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_car

To make this soaring related, well, I doubt any of these plane/cars
soared well (since they probably hada very high wing loading) and most
of them seem to be pretty cramped, so any R/C planes you'd store in
them would probably have to be small.

Personally, I just bought a Ford Taurus station wagon for my R/C
transportation needs.  Plenty of room, acceptable gas milage (not
great, but acceptable.)  Actually, the Mazda 323 I had before that,
which is just about as small as cars get, worked pretty good too when
I put the back seat down.  But the Taurus definately has a lot more
room, and I can fill it with people *and* planes at the same time!

--
Doug McLaren, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
`When all you've got is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.'