I like bottom driven flaps and ailerons for various reasons. According to
Dr. Hepperle a properly faired set of 4 linkages on the bottom of a wing add
around 3% total drag to a typical F3B airframe. You can go dig around  his
website and find a number of interesting tidbits.
_http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/index.htm_
(http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/index.htm)

happy trails - Rob Glover

hi all,
I've been asked this a few times, and I give my  opinion,
but i want to see what you guys have to say.

What gets better  mechanical advantage, top or bottom
driven linkage, and how much does the  drag of bottom driven
really effect things, if any ?

My vote goes  towards bottom driven.
I can always get the throws I want, easy to set up and  adjust,
and gives a solid control surface.

Dave  Hauch
www.git-r-built.com