From: "Cal Posthuma" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <soaring@airage.com>; "James V. Bacus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 1:21 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] One full day of RES

 Two Meter does not need to drop a day.  Nostalgia will die or co-exist with
 F3B or HL, probably HL.
 Two Meter is very different from RES but both contribute to new aircraft
 that provide a starting place for the new fliers.
When I wrote the first rules to start the RES class at the Nats the concept
 was to cause new planes to be made for the class so new flyers have
choices.
 To diminish Two Meter as a result is back stepping.
Dan Pruss award is up to SOAR.  If they want to advance RES to competition
 level they write the rules.  AMA sets Hi Johnson and Lee Renaud awards and
 they should remain as they are.

 Cal Posthuma
 LSF VV
 Personal Web Page