While the Internet has changed a lot of things about clubs and getting
together and etc.  it can't give you land to fly on.  For the next decade, this
is
the largest challenge our hobby faces. Even park flyers will feel the Pinch as
more and more people cram onto smaller and smaller park spaces for more and
more of the day's flyable hours. Already I have to forget trying to fly at most
of the  flyable park land in my area because team sports are using it
continually for one sport or the other, and the darn games overlap each other.
Yes,
you can fly in a driveway or cul-de-sac, the planes getting smaller and
smaller...  but that's not the only kind of flying I want to do.  And as glider
folk,
I don't think most of you do either.

Access is the real problem looming, with land prices going ever-upward, and
"developers" grabbing up farm land everywhere you look, and a more litigious
and over-careful society that more and more, looks at our hobby as either an
annoyance or national security threat...  How much flying will you be able to
get
in when you will have to drive an hour each way to the field or slope?  It's
going to happen, just a question of time.

This to my mind is the number one goal AMA should have now: getting, and
keeping flying sites with a long-term view.  And that's a worthy goal no matter
WHAT you fly.