[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Dear Friends,
> But
> multiple-stage production means that less money paid out at one state
> translates into a reduced consumer price only at a subsequent stage
> when the product goes to market.  In other words, if technology is not
> interfered with, income will fall ahead of prices:  income will be
> chronically short of prices, and markets will not clear.

My question to Michael is also a question, in general to this
(above) description of "social credit."

Understand, I am a "simple economist" trying to bring the idea
of social credit into my writings about how the household consumer
spends so much in advance of "income."

So, let us imagine that the Douglas "lag" in income is "treated"
by a one time payment which is equal to the difference between
current prices and technologically driven prices that are yet to
occur in the market place.

So, my question is --- once one has made this "one time" payment,
to account for the lag, have we not, now, "made the payment" for
the lag, and for all further lags?

Only if the "rate" of the lag changes, do we need to adjust this
payment.

Regards,

Curtiss Priest
--

           W. Curtiss Priest, Director, CITS
        Research Affiliate, Culture & Media, MIT