<**>If I buy from a retailer at the discounted price,
goods to sell in my unregistered Spaza shop, my
customers get the benefit of the lower price
anyway...<**>
--------------------

That's right, I hadn't thought of that.  It is
obviously correct.  Thanks, Jessop.  But what is a
"Spaza" shop?

The point is that as a general matter we want to
apply the discount at the point of retail, with the
metaphor being a negative sales tax, not a negative
VAT.

Ideally, both the dividend and discount programs
should be in place and tested in actual operation
with small dividends and discounts to the general
population, so they are there to immediately
compensate for a collapse of credit such as occurred
in the United States within two years after the 1929
crash, when the money supply contracted by a third,
paralyzing trade and commerce initiating the Great
Depression that engulfed the world.