voip crazy schrieb:
> Dear list,
>
> Five days ago, I started to try boot my soekris, vía PXE, without
> success, my soekris get an IP address and It stop to boot.
> I do not know why It is doing that, I search google, and find some
> links but all of them fails to boot.
> I want to install Debian on it an my soekris is 5501 model.
>
> http://roland.entierement.nu/pages/debian-on-soekris-howto.html
>
> Someone, could send me the TFTP files you use to boot a debian
> instalation?
> Or explain me where to get the Debian netboot.tar.gz, to boot the
> soekris 5501?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards.
>
> VoipCrazy.

VoipCrazy, first of all it depends what kind of OS your dhcp-server is.
If this is a debian Server, read the instructions from Debian carefully:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04s06.html.en
One important thing I missed at the beginning was to use the tftp-hpa
package. The other tftp server (package tftpd) does not work at all for
pxeboot.

Be careful when reading the settings in pxelinux.cfg/default
These must(!) be modified (if you haven't already done that) with the lines:
SERIAL 0 19200 0
in the first line and
append "console=ttyS0,19200n8" to every "append" line of this file
(otherwise you don't see anything).

This way, debian netinstall is pretty simple to do (even if OpenBSD is
far more simpler ;-)

I am running 4 5501-70 with Debian here and 6 with OpenBSD - went
through all that pain.

Cheers
Jochen