On 2008-08-24 23:32:01 -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> > Is there a way to manually set terminal size with ANSI escape
> > sequences?
>
> "Maybe."  There is nothing in X3.64 (well, in the notes I took when
> reading it over) that explicitly has such an effect (not surprising,
> since terminals can't be resized, and terminal emulators weren't really
> foreseen when X3.64 was designed).

There are escape sequences (in VT100 anyway, not sure if they are also
in X3.64) which define a "window": Only character cells within that
window can be changed and the cursor cannot be moved outside. I suspect
that this is happening here.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Am Anfang war der Bug und der
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | Verantwortliche sprach:
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |    -- Clemens Zauner in dcii