On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Ralph Green <sfrea...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>  Technically, that is true.  But, only after repeatedly trying to
> contact the company to remind them of their obligation to publish source
> code and getting no action.  I am not aware of any case where a lawsuit
> was the first step and doubt it has ever happened.  They often get that
> compliance quietly and never have to make even the request public.

If a company goes into a software project with GPL source, they should
follow the licensing.  I agree...it's the same if they use M$
software, or whatever.  Follow the licensing.

What I do not agree with is the premise that the FOSS community would
die a fiery death if not for the GPL.

I guess we should tell all the guys who write code for
{Open,Free,Net,Dragonfly}BSD that they'd better pack up shop and
install Windows because the GPL is going away.