Hi,

(List Administrators, please delete the last message, I got the wrong
identity)

I also would like to tell a few things which I use for my FreeBSD systems (I
have to administer a good dozen of them)

* use freebsd-update for kernel and base system (This only works if using the
release ISO's AND the official kernel)

* use portsnap to manage the ports tree

* use portupgrade to manage the installed packages. portinstall comes with it,
which greatly helps with installing packages.

* use portaudit to find outdated/insecure ports. Also, you can always do
portupgrade -a if you want to upgrade simply all your ports packages.

I hope this helps someone. Or did I misunderstand the question in a way?

Richard

Am Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2012, 08:43:45 schrieben Sie: