Hi David,

On Tue, 29 May 2012, David Burgess wrote:

> That said, I purchased a 128GB Petrol to upgrade a client's laptop.
> Less than a week later the thing had secure-erased itself. I wasn't
> too bothered by it, after all, some percentage of anything is going to
> fail at some point, and I'm not one to judge a brand by a single
> failure. This all changed though when I went looking at the reviews of
> this particular drive. Seems I'm not the only one.
>
> http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=100006551&isNodeId=1&Description=ocz+petrol&x=12&y=11
>
> I have continued to purchase and be satisfied with the OCZ SSDs, but I
> will not touch another Petrol until this issue is acknowledged and
> fixed.

Thanks for letting me know about that. When I finally figured out how to
access the reviews on NewEgg, I found there are a LOT of them (106
reviews) for this drive, mostly negative.

I know there is a negative bias in online reviews generally, but this
feedback is way more negative than I would expect. Looks like the Petrol
was a bad choice.

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 967 838
Future Business, Cam City FC, Milton Rd, Cambridge, CB4 1UY, UK

with company number 04980791.