Hello Frank,

> The Soekris Net5501 has a default setting of 19200 8/N/1 but some Lunix OS has
> the default of 9600 /8/N/1
> Did you change this?

Yes, I did... I don't think that without changing this I would have been able
to access the serial console in the first place, since all the output would be
garbled and unreadable if the baud rate didn't match. Still, I don't really see
how this could cause the hard disk problem that I'm having in the first
place?...

>> The Debian installation works just fine, up to the point where I have to
> select the hard disk...
> Didi you try out this by putting in only one of this disks, however the CF or
> SATA drive?

Yes, I tried booting with only the CF card connected as I've outlined below.

> Did you tryed out any other installer or OS for having a more detailed answer
> that this is not only a Debian related problem?

No, I actually haven't tried PXE booting anything else but the Debian
installer. However, I've been able to install Voyage Linux on the CF card and
boot it just fine, so I can confirm that the board is able to detect the CF
card and boot from it just fine.

>> nd changing to another or different CF card or changing the SATA
> Drive was showing you what kind of  results, the same?

Unfortunately, I neither have another CF card nor a spare SATA laptop drive
flying around here, so I haven't been able to test this.

>> the storages are connected did you, try out other BIOS options?

Hmmm, like what? Any ideas on that definitely would be greatly appreciated so I
can try them out!
Robin