Hi Lon,
thanks for sharing your experience on this! Yep, this definitely sounds very
strange, to say the least :-) Well, I've been playing with Wheezy on the
Net5501, but kind of found that I just couldn't get it to boot consistently for
whatever reason, I will have to experiment with this some more at a later time.
However, on the other hand, I was very positively surprised when I received my
new Net6501 today!
After installing the SSD module inside (well, I'll admit I had a bit of a fight
with the 2 ultra-tiny screws that hold the SSD in place...), I booted it up,
PXE booted the Debian Squeeze installer, found that it detected all the
hardware right away and proceeded to install it on the Net6501. Also, booting
it works just fine and very, very consistently, which is something I now really
appreciate a lot after my recent experience with the 5501! :-)
Like I said, I will have to try this again on the Net5501 at a later time - but
for now, I think I will definitely use the 6501 as my primary embedded PC :-)
Robin