On Apr 26, 2014, at 10:31 AM, Christopher Hilton <ch...@vindaloo.com> wrote:

[snip]

> If I remember right, I heard that they were reworking the code in the BSDTalk
> podcast at the same time as I heard about the pf performance upgrades. It's
> worth tracking down and listening to the podcast to get more information. If
> I were that interested I might even dash out a quick email to the person
> working on the code for an update. For me the

FYI:

May 1, 2014.

We are pleased to announce the official release of OpenBSD 5.5.
This is our 35th release on CD-ROM (and 36th via FTP).  We remain
proud of OpenBSD's record of more than ten years with only two remote
holes in the default install.

- pf(4) improvements:
   o New queueing system with new syntax.
   o The "received-on" parameter can now be used with the "any" keyword
     to match any existing interface except loopback ones.
   o The block policy in the default pf.conf(5) is now "block return".