On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 12:09:08PM -0500, Bryan K. Walton wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 07, 2017 at 08:09:39AM -0700, David Ruggiero wrote:
> >
> > Data point A: If you send a dead board back to Soekris _in_ the warranty
> > period, it will be quickly replaced without question.
> > speculation is constructed with absolutely zero "inside" information.
>
> I had a net6501 replaced under warranty about two years ago.  This has me
> wondering: has anybody had a net6501 go bad, with the symptoms we have all
> been discussing, then had it replaced under warranty, and then had the
> warranty replacement ALSO go bad, with the same symptoms?
>
> In other words, are the replacements that Soekris is sending out vulnerable
> to the same problem?

one of ours got replaced and died 3 weeks after .. so I would say "yes"

we replaced them with RCC-VE 4860 from Netgate:
https://www.netgate.com/products/rcc-ve-4860-1u.html

> thanks,
> Bryan

Julien Cigar
Belgian Biodiversity Platform (http://www.biodiversity.be)
PGP fingerprint: EEF9 F697 4B68 D275 7B11  6A25 B2BB 3710 A204 23C0