> Maybe it's just me ... but this is the part that I find unlikely.  Why
> would a huge company like Intel do that?  They already admitted that a
> similar problem exists in related chipsets.

I fully agree - weakest part of my argument. Why would Intel care about a
customer whose total chip purchases amount to a rounding error in their
yearly embedded system sales? Seems like they could just say "too bad".

Of course, it works the other way, too - Soekris is so small that the cost
of buying their silence was minimal, and perhaps their marketroids thought
it better to put the small fire out and get it behind them. Still, it's
odd, but I couldn't come up with any better explanation.

Also definitely think it's possible that Soekris is just resting on its
laurels and riding it out until Soren retires. Maybe they have huge
government/OEM contracts that take care of paying the bills with much less
hassle than the onesie-and-twosie retail market  (e.g. their boards are
used in some of the early versions of the Kiva / Amazon warehouse robots:
http://robohub.org/meet-the-drone-that-already-delivers-your-packages-kiva-
robot-teardown/ ).

/DR/