> 2008/12/31 Andrew Rechenberg Lists
> > I'm trying to send an NTLM Authorization header to a Microsoft
Office
> > Communications Server 2007 and my code is getting a EXC_BAD_ACCESS
in
> > ca_credentials when using the macro AUTH_CLIENT_IS_EXTENDED.  This
> > function seems to be called indirectly when I use nua_authenticate.
>
> As far as I can recall the NTLM code is just copied from the digest
> code but there is actually no real functionality there.. It should
> probably be deactivated, or better, completed...

I've started working on completing the NTLM code.  The Pidgin SIPE
project has some working NTLM code to authenticate to a MS OCS server so
I'll try to port that over.

> > Can I create my own authorization header with
SIPTAG_AUTHORIZATION_STR
> > and re-run nua_register with the same handle?  I've tried that in my
> > nua_r_register handler and my code just hangs and a REGISTER is
never
> > re-sent to the server.
>
> I'm afraid if the server returns just an unknown authentication scheme
> it makes the handle unusable. The
> auc_challenge()/auc_credentials()/nua_authenticate() API is not very
> well thought out for such a case. ;-/

So if I get the NTLM plugin code working then I should just be able to
use nua_authenticate()?

There are some other things that need to get added to the header for
OCS.  Can I just use TAGs to add those?  Can I add those tags in
nua_authenticate?

Also, what is the proper way to add an additional auth_plugin?  Create
auth_plugin_dummy.c|h, add the ca_X_plugin struct to ca_plugins?
Anything else?

I'd like to maybe add a Kerberos plugin and I just wanted to follow the
proper procedure.

Thanks,
Andy.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message including attachments, if any, is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message. If you are the intended recipient, but do not wish to
receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender
immediately.