It does. Thank you, Alok and Jo!
Best,
Eugen

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 20:52:31 +0200, Alok Gandhi <alok.gan...@modusfx.com> wrote:

I did not use it for soft plugins, it was more for a pure python
library. Some of the functions involved geometry operations like
line-line intersection, some ray tracing algorithms etc. For these
specific functions I used Cython to build extension and then used them
in my python modules. I mixed everything using cython. Some code was all
python just got converted. Some other code pure C functions. And some
was a mix (thourgh pyrex code).

You are right, basically the idea is to inject python code with some
steroids. For Softimage plugins, if I have huge data sets to  work with
like point position arrays etc. I would rather use C++ API.  But for all
other needs, specially concerning file browsing and other stuff, Python
provides an easy, fast and more maintainable code.

So it depends on your use case scenario what would be a better
implementation.

Also, if you have python functions and you just want to convert them to
C code, it will not always be fast, unless you type cast and take care
of a few other things, like porting all of your loops in C. You can find
a little more about this here : http://www.perrygeo.net/wordpress/?p=116

Also remember that though Cython Site says that you can use MinGW to
compile, I had some problems with it, so I finally switched to Visual
Studio compiler.

Hope that helps,

Cheers !!