Somehow I dont think Disney could have managed Rapunzels hair with 14 points
per guide hair, nor the crappy collisions©
But try and explain that to a copyright attorney.
I wonder how: long till he sues Softimage for ICE strands?
From: Dan Yargici
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 4:14 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Nodes galore II (not ICE)

Wow, he comes across as such an arsehole!  I didn't realize he sued Disney for
technology relating to Tangled also!

http://patentexaminer.org/2011/10/disney-sued-for-infringing-virtual-hair-raising-patent/

"The Westlake Village resident claims Disney “reverse engineered” his
technology, tweaking it along the way to help bring to life animated characters
in Toy Story 3, Up, Finding Nemo and some of its other blockbuster films of
late. He declined to speculate on whether the company copied his technology.
Given Disney’s size and scope, Alter says, the infringement “will create a
multi million dollar hole in [his] income and will dilute his brand.”

“It’s a giant corporation that’s made a lot of money with my ideas and is now
going to put me out of business, essentially,” Alter told The Patent Examiner
during a phone call."

DAN