The libcustomdisplayhost.so error will not prevent Softimage from running.
I get the same error here, and I can run Softimage 2013.

Here's a recipe for setting up Softimage on CentOS:
http://groups.google.com/group/xsi_list/msg/6d2d0f483a400e4e

Here's a Fedora recipe posted by another user:

Stefan Andersson wrote an install-guide for FC13 (see below) that can
be used for FC14 (newer versions of Flash and NVidia available probably). Most
important is the Nouveau and SeLinux section. I guess you don't need the
update-stuff if you just want a quick test.

Also important for FC14:

http://xsisupport.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/the-case-of-the-slow-2011-startup-on-fedora-14/

and:

http://xsisupport.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/rpcss-servicemain-failed-with-1702-000006a6-the-binding-handle-is-invalid/

------

Here it goes:

after installation as root:

yum -y localinstall --nogpgcheck
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm

http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm

yum -y update

REBOOT

yum -y groupinstall "Development Tools"

yum -y install nfs-utils ypbind wget PyQt4 PyQt4-devel
python-pyside libXpm control-center-extra wine.i686 libquicktime vlc filezilla
gimp gimp-libs ufraw-gimp openssh-server MySQL-python xorg-x11-apps
python-sqlite2

#Flash

cp /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins

#wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/XXXXXXX/libflashplayer.so

#Dropbox

cd /etc/yum.repos.d

wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/XXXXXXX/dropbox.repo

yum -y install nautilus-dropbox

#NVIDIA

cd /root

wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/XXXXXXX/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-256.53.run

#------------DISABLE NOUVEAU (opensource nvidia crap)
#GRUB.CONF Edits nano /etc/grub.conf last in the kernel line: nouveau.modeset=0

#MODPROBECONF edits

nano /etc/modprobe/blacklist.conf

blacklist nouveau

#SELINUX