Hi Stephen,

thanks for the help!

On 05/22/2012 04:17 PM, Stephen Blair wrote:
The libcustomdisplayhost.so error will not prevent Softimage from running.
I get the same error here, and I can run Softimage 2013.

too bad.. it was the only error i could find...

Also important for FC14:

http://xsisupport.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/the-case-of-the-slow-2011-startup-on-fedora-14/

this was one of the very first things i tried..

http://xsisupport.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/rpcss-servicemain-failed-with-1702-000006a6-the-binding-handle-is-invalid/

tried and checked this, too of course..

yum -y localinstall --nogpgcheck
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm

already did this before..
yum -y groupinstall "Development Tools"

yum -y install nfs-utils ypbind wget PyQt4 PyQt4-devel
python-pyside libXpm control-center-extra wine.i686 libquicktime vlc filezilla
gimp gimp-libs ufraw-gimp openssh-server MySQL-python xorg-x11-apps
python-sqlite2

filezilla, gimp, openssh-server? seriously? why? o_O anyway. i installed everything and sadly my problem remains.

#Flash

#Dropbox

uhm.. flash and dropbox !? why on earth does softimage need that? i temporarily installed flash with no luck on getting softimage to run afterwards. i resisted to install dropbox for now, do i really need that in order to get softimage up and running?

as for the rest of the install-advice: i had already disabled nouveau and se-linux, of course -> as i said in my inital posting, mudbox and maya run fine, i guess they wouldn't if my nvidia-driver would collide with the opensource-nouveau-stuff and neither maya nor mudbox install with se-linux turned on, so...

;(

cheers!
chris