Hey Gavin,

You can go two ways, keep using Species 1.1 for the sequel to keeps things
consistent. Or re-rig the meshes from the first one with the new Species
version. I would not suggest mixing them as it will be very hectic on your
part to be going back and forth when edits are needed. Species doesn't have
dependencies on the plugin version however the AnimTools won't work with
the older rigs (alignments changed a bit).

You could save the weights out from your original Species 1.1 rigs and
reapply them when you get them redone with the 1.5 version.

Eric Thivierge
http://www.ethivierge.com