Well it kinda works if you plug in each instance master manually - it does not
support groups however, which I totally need. I have over a hundred instance
masters in my case which would make the problem of plugging them up one by one
rather cumbersome. Even though it can possibly be scripted it would make the
ICEtree interaction ultra slow.
Furthermore, the demo scene does not copy the
instances exactly but randomly distributes them it seems - the point cloud and
the mesh do not match, while I need an exact match from the point cloud to the
generated mesh, preserving UVs aswell as Material information.

Another possibility is scripting this using the point cloud information to
distribute duplicated meshes, which is pretty easy indeed. This is however
ULTRA slow - it took almost 90 seconds to distribute 50 copies of my instance
masters (simple grids). I need to distribute 12.0000, so this is no
solution either (the Duplicate function is really, really slow in Soft).

The best solution so far? Bring the pointcloud and instance masters over to
Maya and do the duplication there :(

-------- Original-Nachricht --------