What I'm finding is simply that almost everything I try either doesn't do
what I expect or doesn't do anything at all.
Some fundamental basic workflow examples would be useful, just to get the
general logic clear.

Understanding why repeat loops don't work and how to work around that.
How to get animation of particles from a point cloud to build an ice
object. I spent a day trying to get that to work with no luck.
I'd like to be able to control the positioning of elements by translating
or rotating them in local space.

Thanks
By lunch today would be useful!?
;-)