Really? I have to create an event? I've not even created a custom property for that since the parameters are so simple. Why can you call a ppg in that way from the interface, but you can't call it from a script without going into a complicated event set-up? I can't believe there's no easy way to do that. I guess I'll just let the users do it the old fashion way by selecting it manually using the right tab's selection menu.

Matt Lind wrote:
It's a two pronged problem.

First, you need to inspect the objects en masse in a multi-PPG.

        InspectObj( Selection.GetAsText() );

Second, you need to extract the inspected objects in your custom property PPG
Event code.  Here's a snippet from a Parameter_OnChanged() event in a scripted
custom property:

        var oInspectedItems = PPG.Inspected;

        for ( var i = 0; i < oInspectedItems.Count; i++ ) {
                var oInspectedItem = oInspectedItems(i);
                oInspectedItem.Parameters( <parameterName> ).value =
<some_value>;
        }

Note: there is a bug in some versions of Softimage where multi-selections are
not recognized.

Matt