> Did I miss anyone?

Producers, Clients, Agency?

... h264´s for approvals sent to the iPhone/MacBookAir/iPad.

you´ll never know what gamma settings your windows mp4 will give them
unless you check it on a mac yourself.

...or just use vimeo to convert it for you...

---

Comparing xp64 with win7_64 here now on, I had used the downgrade option
to run xp64 from a win7 license to keep all machines identical/swappable.

Benefits of win7 (on a MacPro2008):

*directx 11 support (since vista)
*harddisks >2TB will probably work just fine, xp64 4K sector alignment can be
skipped
*transferrate between harddisks in machine is a lot higher and
 the explorer gives detailed info about what it does
*powersave modes for idling seem to work nice(r)
*SSD support (caching)
*more options included to easily backup or restore the whole system quickly
 (making clones easier as well as transfers to bigger disks)

program support

-adobe cs5+ line of products
-ZBrush4R3 (and R4) not supported on xp64

Personally, I think I will enjoy using win7 on that MacPro2008.
It´s not too cluttered, you still get at the management console
easy enough if neccessary and the whole OS feels pretty stable.

I´ll add some RAM to the MAC, 24-32GB will be good enough until the machine
has written off from tax and a solid successor with roughly double the CPU
power can be found, I guess. That would be a solid 3-5 year lifecycle then.

Cheers,

tim