hey thanks for this Eric,  how does one get an invite to this secret 3Dpro
list ?

So its just a confirmation then of what Luceric has already hinted as to
why the ex devs from Softimage  are working on MayaFX - to port something
like a new ICE \ Naiad over to Maya. A bit more open about it than in the
past which is better than usual.

what I still don't get from this post or from any actions like this from
Autodesk, where does this leave Softimage once this work is complete?.  If
our dear old 'marge is worthy of pillaging yet is still only sold as a
companion to Maya because of ICE, once Maya has its own ICE what is the
point of Softimage in the M & E scheme?  Facerobot...??  we (Softimage
users) are already 2nd class citizens on the AD ship, one this is finished
how will we not be demoted to third class alongside Toxic and Matchmover :(

would it be possible for mr Vienneau to answer this?  or he only speaks to
market share above a certain percentage?

cheers

Rob