there is no such thing as "MayaFX".  A couple people wrote on linkedin
being in the "Maya FX" team. That's like saying you work in the "Maya
UI" or "Maya Rendering" team. It's not a product, it's the name of the
team in the org chart. We have since learned to be more careful about
those things, since it is meaningless. For example, the guys working
on the Node Editor are the UI team although that might end up being
useful in "FX" or "Rendering". Who is reports to is meaningless.