Hey Jo,

Thanks for the welcome and reply!

I totally understand.  I'm not sure where the debug info is coming from,
but I did manage to *solve* it by changing one line in your demo code.  I
noticed that in the VK_UP case statement you had put:

QApplication::sendEvent(sianchor->children().at(i), &e);

And in the VK_DOWN case statement you had:

QApplication::sendEvent(sianchor->children()[i], &e);

Changing the VK_UP statement to match the VK_DOWN statement does make the
debug info go away but I haven't tested to make sure that it is even being
called correctly anymore.  No errors are thrown so I am assuming it is ok.
 I'm also not sure what the difference with using .at vs using [n] is.

I don't consider this solved, but it does make the print statement go away
for now.

Thanks again for the reply and for sharing your technique!

Best,

-tony

--
-tony