hey tony

when i was at blur we had a different Qt implementation and it had issues
crashing hard. one of the issues which would bite us regularly was how
strings were handled between python and Qt. maybe this is the same case? i
forget exactly but i think python doesn't like the QString. i know pyqt has
addressed this but maybe pyside hasn't?

please send some test code and log it on the issues section of the github
page, i can run it on at least two machines.
steven