Once you pick the ID color, you use the Pixel Coverage pass and multiply it
to cut out the edge of that matte, you have to do this for each individual
matte you select. It seems like it should work.

It's useful for this purpose because I have hundreds of pieces of geo
flying around and the compositor wants to select individuals for
enhancement.

Eric