Multiplying by coverage is only half of it.  You also need to get a 1-pixel
edge around your "hard" matte, and multiply that by the inverse of the
pixel coverage, then add the result to the first part.  So:

Good Matte = (Aliased Matte) * Pixel Coverage + (1-pixel edge of Aliased
Matte) * (1 - Pixel Coverage).

There's a good chance that will be too much math in AfterEffects, and your
compositor will give up.  In Nuke, you can build a gizmo, and it ends up
being pretty manageable.  If you're working with someone else using AE, I
recommend generating mattes for them (potentially using the coverage pass
as described), to keep the complexity down in the actual comp.

Also, keep in mind, this technique doesn't work well with semi-transparent
objects, motion blur, or depth of field.  It only solves the problem for
hard cg edges.

- Andy