Good advice Steve!, works like a charm... Thanks

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Steven Caron
Sent: Wednesday, 24 October 2012 11:34 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: ICE cacheing

delete the simulation marker... just ran into some more headaches myself in
regards to caching.
On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Nick Angus
<n...@altvfx.com<mailto:n...@altvfx.com>> wrote:
It would seem that my ICE tree is still evaluating after I have cached it and
disconnected all nodes apart from the cache on file node.  A workaround I am
using is to make a new empty pointcloud and use that to play back my cache.  I
am wondering if anyone has any other workflows for this, and am I correct in
assuming things generally get evaluated in the tree even if they are not
directly executed.

Cheers, Nick

<<inline: image001.gif>>