Ok, sounds great. I hadn't seen that Zvgui app!

To be clear, AnimSchool Picker is a Maya plug-in, not a standalone app. One helpful thing: when you use the Maya manipulator hotkeys when in the Picker window, Maya responds to them normally, which is very handy for workflow. (If it's a totally separate app like abxPicker which we had been using, it doesn't. So when you select something and want to switch to rotate mode, you have to click in the interface to be back in Maya.)