I recently trained someone during their transition. And basically, there
are no useful tutorials that I could find.  The thing is though, once she
gets her head around some of the simple differences between Maya and Soft,
it shouldn't be that painful of a transition.

This is the path that I took recently.

The first mistake she will make is that she will start enveloping
everything to bones.

So let her know that we usually only use Bones if we need IK and introduce
her to Nulls and how to use the neutral pose for rigging etc.

Then she will need to learn the curve deform and what happens when you
deform a curve with another curve.

A quick explanation about quaternions will be very helpful

And then the Pose constraint, and how it works with constraint compensation.

But if you want her to be enthusiastic about the process. Start with the
strengths, show her ICE and the power that is at her disposal, and how easy
it is to link parameters with expressions.  Once she gets motivated by that
stuff the rest should go fairly easily.