I've trained many people back and forth, doesn't take long if a person is
open minded. Most people do't want to go back to Maya after a while too :)

 Main differences to point out:
- Softimage joints have no orientation in Maya sense
- anything can be enveloped
- pose deformers are built in
- FK chains are usually built from nulls
- explain how referencing and models work
- show them synoptic and animation mixer (export/import animation/pose)

Other than that (and probably a few other things I forgot), it's the same
as in maya. Personally I tend to go back and forth and most techniques
apply to both packages.

--
Michal