Maybe use the collision/intersection to store weights on the geo, which you can
then boost, smooth, fade over time, etc., before using to filter the emission.

Also, increase the subframe samples in the cloud's simulation settings.

gray

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Gustavo Eggert
Boehs
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 02:30 PM
To: SI mailing list
Subject: Re: emit from surface interaction for fast objects

You beat me to it Peter :)

2013/3/12 Peter Agg <peter....@googlemail.com<mailto:peter....@googlemail.com>>
You could get the emit location's Point Position from this and the previous
frame, then do a linear interpolate between them with a random blend between 0
and 1. Depends on the movement speed and the kinds of rotations the sword is
doing though - it could still look very square.

On 12 March 2013 18:03, Kris Rivel