At least the latest "point release" looks good.
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2445&Itemid=66

Complete new features list:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2447&Itemid=360

Modo 701 has just been announced as well:
http://www.luxology.com/store/special_offers/

Hi,

Just wondering for those people who have a foot each in the AD camp & the
Houdini camp..... are the Houdini crowd a bunch of happy campers or do they have
the same amount of gripes?

Adam

Freelance Softimage Generalist

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=21162305