I did things like that always with a simple lattice deformation (parented to
the egg). Not so sophisticated, but works out of the box :)

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of adrian wyer
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 14:25
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: proximity push

im sure this is something everyone has done at some time, im pushing an egg
through a tube (as you do)

need the tube to bulge where the egg is... and then shrink back to original
diameter after egg has passed....

i have a setup i nice that works fine, until i want to increase the egg
size/push amount

i'm getting crazy discrepancies in the values, resulting in horrible
deformations

attached screen of icetree, can anyone show me where im being an idiot??

thanks

Adrian Wyer
Fluid Pictures
75-77 Margaret St.
London
W1W 8SY
++44(0) 207 580 0829

adrian.w...@fluid-pictures.com
<blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:adrian.w...@fluid-pictures.com>

www.fluid-pictures.com
<blocked::blocked::blocked::http://www.fluid-pictures.com/>

Fluid Pictures Limited is registered in England and Wales.
Company number:5657815
VAT number: 872 6893 71