>>>EricT, Yes i know, they flat out say so in the intro "building on NEX" i
don't approve of just buying up third party plugins and highlighting them
as core features, more so with free where like "Grease Pencil" i wonder if
Mr mootz ever gets love letters from AD hounding him for his Em series

>>>Andreas and Raffaele, it's not about the grass being greener, i recently
had to fight really hard for the right to use softimage in the company i'm
currently working for, no one should have to do that. also i think you are
forgetting maya's god awful hit detection when selecting, as well as the
unintuitive UI hogging abomination which is the "tool settings panel".

When it comes to modelling the thing i like most about SI is how clean and
stream line it is, how few things come between user and creative process.
So now i don't want to leave softimage ( i only just got here) i want
innovation and new things to come to it.

>>>Matt L, i'm not a dev, but its all there the deformers the brush the
maps, none of these things need to be built, surely they can be hooked
together somehow, i believe someone tried back in the day on rRay, only it
seemed to be exclusive for 32bit...