I have to ask, if you want to almost unconditionally halve the particles,
what prevents you from doing it at generation time instead of using
resources unnecessarily to generate double the number and then using
resources again to cull them?

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!