> @Aghiles: You need to advertise your product more, I didn't even know you
> implemented incremental updates!

Yes, we are working on that. The website/docs/communication will change so that
it becomes easier to see what's going on in the team and with the products.

> I suppose you are doing bidirectional path tracing? I'm looking forward to
> seeing the performance impact of some heavily and finely displaced mesh
> rendered with that.

Finely tessellated meshes won't be a problem. Although 3Delight can also
intersect smooth subdivision surfaces without tessellation at some very
impressive speeds. You might want to opt for that if memory becomes an issue.

> The latest demo version I could find available for download is labelled
> version 3.1.17. Is there any chance mere mortals can test-dive the latest and
> greatest? I'd love to.

Just e-mail me/support and we will give you some temp licenses to play with.

Thanks,

--
Aghiles
www.3delight.com