Hi
I'm fairly new to Softimage having recently jumped ship from 3dsMax. I've
made a few compounds, but this one I'm trying has really got me stumped.

I'm trying to create a spring constraint using ICE, but rather than using
particles, I want to add the compound to a null, this null will then be
parented to a root, oscillating around that root.
This is where things get very confusing. As I'm not using point clouds all
the standard data channels are no longer available, like velocity, simulate
particles etc.
So far I've tried various things, but using the particle approach of vector
between current position and rest position, then a drag doesn't apply here.

If anyone has some good tips for a starting point, that would be great. Or
is it even possible?

Thanks

Tim

t...@analogstudio.co.uk