From: Raffaele Fragapane
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 2:57 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: OT: (sort-of) getting in to game dev

Saying "I want to get into games" is like saying "I want to have something to
do with buildings". Laying the bricks, engineering anti-seismic structures, or
decorating the interiors? :)

First thing I'd try and push him for is to form some rough idea of what he
likes in a game and how he feels he'd like to contribute (code, art, assets,
level design etc.).
If he says he wants to be the one that comes up with the ideas (lead game
designer), then I think you're allowed to slap him in on the neck repeatedly.
If he wants to become a producer you need to change your daughter's mind in
regards to this boy :p

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and
let them flee like the dogs they are!