Curves are generally slower to use as controls during drawing, but it's not
just because of the drawing expenses (almost not at all because of that in
fact, there is hardly any difference between a 20 points icon and a 6
points multi emulating a null).

A striaght OGL drawing of those lines in a null would be considerably
faster.

On playback, in a half decent rig, you wouldn't be displaying curves
though, and at that point who cares? :)

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!