Raff is spot on, the return on investment is just not there. Very small
user base and prolific use of pirated software makes 3rd party development
completely unsustainable.

However, I have been thinking that crowd funding model could work
reasonable well in this case.
Morpheus
<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cgmonks/morpheus-rig-v20?ref=live>had
a successful Kickstarter a while back so I wouldn't be surprised if someone
will try this with a plugin of some sort eventually. Although, Kickstarter
hasn't been keen on accepting software projects.

--
Technical Director @ DreamWorks Animation